Oh my, Champagne Cake
Are you ready to count down to the new year?! 2010 is just around the corner! Parties can be so fun but they are also a ton of work. I ran across this super simple recipe for Champagne Cake posted on Sweet Harvey Letterpress blog (a design studio that writes about sweet treats, design eye candy, and delicious paper too). This recipe for Champagne Cake makes 10 servings. Garnish the rim with fresh strawberries or raspberries and display on a beautiful glass cake stand. Happy baking… and Happy New Year!
- 2-layer-size white cake mix
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Few drops red food coloring
- 16-ounce cans vanilla frosting
- Fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 8 x 1-1/2 inch round cake pans; set aside.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions, except replace water with Champagne. Spread batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool thoroughly on wire racks.
3. Stir a few drops of food coloring into frosting to make a light pink color. Place one cake layer, bottom side up, on a serving platter. Spread with about 1/2 can of frosting. Top with second cake layer, top side up. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with strawberries.